What you’ll learn
- Code your own apps and games in Python 3.7 for Mac, PC, or Linux, from pre-K to college level
- Draw colorful spirals and shapes with Turtle graphics in Python
- Create fun, playable games like War, Yahtzee, and Rock-Paper-Scissors
- Build interactive apps that respond to user input and mouse clicks
- Master variables, loops and functions to prepare for more advanced programming courses (and a brighter future)!
- A computer (PC, Mac, or Linux – even Raspberry Pi!). You’ll download and install the latest Python 3.7 (FREE!) with step-by-step instructions.
- If you can use a text editor (Notepad, Word, etc.), you can program in Python!
- No prior programming experience needed.
★★★★★ Join over 13,000 students from 163 countries learning Python (and teaching their kids)! ★★★★★
Two new BONUS videos added! Teach yourself (and your kids) to code fun, colorful apps and games in Python, the powerful programming language used at tech companies and in colleges worldwide. Learn coding step-by-step from Computer Science Professor Dr. Bryson Payne, author of the Amazon #1 New Release and Top 10 Best Seller in Children’s Programming Books, Teach Your Kids to Code: A Parent-Friendly Guide to Python Programming (2015, No Starch Press).
Update 2020: Pre-order Dr. Payne’s new book, “Hacking for Kids” on Amazon now!
Give Your Kids a Huge Advantage in a High-Tech World
- Quickly master new problem-solving skills in Python with colorful, fun examples
- Teach younger kids to code using Turtle graphics, with text-based games and apps for older learners
- Build your own playable games and create beautiful graphics
- Learn the basics of coding, from variables to loops and functions, with interactive, engaging apps
This is the kind of course you can enjoy with your kids!
Packed with fun examples, colorful graphics, and easy-to-follow plain English instruction, Teach Your Kids to Code is the course parents and kids, teachers and students can enjoy together, as they build one of the top job skills of the 21st century! Python is a great first language for beginners, but it’s powerful enough to be used in companies from Google to IBM.
I designed this programming course to be easily understood by absolute beginners, with example code I used with my own pre-schoolers all the way through the apps I teach to college freshmen.
Quick, hands-on lessons will get you coding your own apps from scratch in minutes. Over 100 video lectures and six and a half hours of content in short, 2-to-8-minute videos will give you the practice you need to master the powerful new skill of coding.
Everything you need to get started right away
Complete with working code downloads and high-definition videos, you’ll be able to work alongside a professor with 22 years’ teaching experience and over 30 years of programming knowledge. You’ll also receive a Certificate of Completion upon finishing the course.
No Risk: Preview videos from Sections 1, 2, and 4 now for FREE, and enjoy a 30-day money-back guarantee when you enroll – zero risk, unlimited payoff! And, we’ve made this course easy to afford at just $30 so parents and students can get started now!
Sign up for this course and get started coding today!
* Programming Challenge Solutions added to all 7 Sections, plus new Bonus videos, including a new one with my son, Alex! New Turtle Gallery code and Bonus Q&A video added this month– keep the feedback and questions coming! Thanks! *
Praise for Teach Your Kids to Code:
★★★★★ “Inspired” – This is an inspiring course taught by an inspired teacher. The examples are well-chosen — demonstrating principles through engaging, colorful projects rather than by teaching abstract principles first. While I wish the instructor weren’t quite so repetitiously exuberant, this is at worst a minor stylistic blemish and might even be a plus for kids viewing it. — Kent Osband, Udemy student
★★★★★ “Excellent path into Python” Not just for kids…use this course as the perfect Python primer. Clear examples, that build quickly into programs, leading to learning challenges. Bryson’s delivery is well paced and good fun. — Sean Jon Darcy, Udemy student
★★★★★“Dr. Bryson Payne is a computer scientist and professor of the highest caliber, and with Teach Your Kids to Code, he brings the power of computers within easy reach for learners young and old.”—Dr. Antonio Sanz Montemayor, Informatics Professor, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
★★★★★“The concepts in Teach Your Kids to Code can help any young person enhance their college prospects and expand their career opportunities.”—Dr. Raj Sunderraman, Department Chair of Computer Science, Georgia State University
[For the Book version on Amazon] ★★★★★ “Dr. Payne set us on the path that led us to our dream jobs! With Teach Your Kids to Code, he’s providing parents and teachers everywhere the chance to do the same for the next generation of creative problem-solvers.”—Shah and Susan Rahman, Riot Games Who this course is for:
- For kids 8 and up (learn on your own), for teachers, or for parents working with children ages 4-12.
- Perfect for homeschooling parents or K-12 parents and teachers who want to give their students a HUGE advantage by learning to read and write code.
- Apps and games suitable for kids from Pre-K through College Freshmen.
- Includes examples from chapters 1-7 of the book, Teach Your Kids to Code, by Dr. Bryson Payne (2015, No Starch Press).
- This online course does not include Pygame programming.
- This course is not for experienced Python coders, unless you want to code with your kids.
More Info: Source
Course Creator: Bryson Payne
Course Size: 2.4 GB
Course Length: 6 hoursFree Download